If you love to cook, but you find a full-time job and commute limit you from making delicious dinners during the week, a Wok is your best friend! A noodle stir-fry will take about 15-20 minutes from beginning to end. Whenever I make noodles, there are always lots left over for lunches the following day as well!
You can make your noodles from scratch if you would like (I have a recipe here) – but during the week most people won’t have time for that. There’s nothing wrong with using pre-packaged noodles to save time.
I love this recipe because it’s a great carb fix, and sometimes you just need some comfort food. But, it’s also loaded with beef tenderloin, black beans, and a healthy serving of vegetables. Because of the chili oil, it packs a bit of a punch. Feel free to scale back if you don’t like a lot of heat in your noodles.
Weeknight Beef & Black Bean Noodle Starry
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Large Bowl
- Kettle or Pot of Boiling Water
- 3/4 LBS Beef Tenderloin Raw, Sliced Thin
- 3/4 Red Pepper Julienned
- 3/4 Green Pepper Julienned
- 3/4 Yellow Pepper Julienned
- 1 Carrot Julienned
- 1 Inch Ginger Peeled, Sliced Thin
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1-2 Shallots Sliced Thin
- 1/2 CUP Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 TBSP Black Bean Paste
- 1 LG Handful of Chow Mein Noodles
- Green Onion Sliced
- Cilantro Chopped
- Birds Eye Chili Chopped
- 1 TBSP Chili Oil
- 1 TBSP Peanut Oil
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Place your chow mein noodles in a bowl and pour boiling hot water over them. Let them sit for 4-5 minutes, then strain
- Preheat chili oil and peanut oil in a wok over medium high heat. Drop in your beef tenderloin, tossing your slices around in the wok constantly.
- Add your garlic, ginger, and shallots, toss for about 30-40 seconds
- Add your black bean paste, and coat evenly
- Add peppers, tomatoes, and carrots, and toss in the wok for 3-4 minutes.
- Add your cooked noodles and coat evenly in the sauce and vegetables. Add additional black bean paste if required.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion, and chopped birds eye chili.