This evening was my first time playing around with Swordfish! I’ve always wanted to try this meaty, mild tasting fish. This recipe only took about 25 minutes to make. I knew as soon as I tasted it was going to be a summertime favourite on the BBQ.
After doing some research online, the recipe that stood out to me the most (and that I had all the ingredients for), is actually Kris Jenner’s! I made a few small changes and got to work. The result was delicious: a perfect combination of sweetness and acidity.
Swordfish With Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 2 Swordfish Steaks
- 2 Limes Juiced
- 3 Tablespoons of Coarse Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Smashed
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Handful of Fresh Chopped Dill
- Freshly Ground Peppercorn
- Kosher Salt
- 2 Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1/2 Jalapeno Diced
- Freshly Ground Peppercorn To Taste
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- A Handful of Fresh Cilantro
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients together in a ziplock bag and add your swordfish steaks. Allow resting in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Chop up tomato, onion, jalapeno, salt, and cilantro and place in a bowl. Stir in fresh lime juice. Put your fresh salsa in the fridge.
- After your marinade has had a chance to set, remove your swordfish from the fridge and let it come to room temperature on the countertop (about half an hour). Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees.
- Preheat a pan over medium-high heat on the stove. Carefully remove your swordfish from the marinade, and remove excess liquid. Place your swordfish into the frying pan, and sear for about 3 minutes per side.
- Place your swordfish directly into the preheated oven and cook for an extra 5 minutes.