This is such a quick, easy weekend brunch. Potted crab has lots of buttery flavour, huge chunks of crab, and a great hit of acidity with the preserved lemon rind and orange zest!
You’ve got to stand over the sink and crack shells for a little while, but it’s worth it!
I got my Dungeness crab from F.I.S.H.(Fresh Idea’s Start Here) in Metro Vancouver. They also have a full line up of fresh fish, octopus, sea urchin, and more.
Serve alongside grilled sour dough bread with lemon wedges.
- Cutting Board
- Crab Crackers
- Frying Pan
- Serving Dish
- Grill (For Sourdough)
- 1.5 lbs Dungeness Crab Meat in Shell
- 2.5 tbsp Mayo
- 1.5 tbsp Preserved Lemon Rind Minced
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 2 Green Onion Minced
- 1.5 Shallots Minced
- Freshly Cracked Peppercorn
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1.5 tbsp Paprika
- Lemon Wedges For Garnish
- Sour Dough Bread For Serving
- Olive Oil
- Crack and shell your Dungeness crab meat and place in a bowl. Add mayo, minced shallot, green onion, lemon rind, orange zest, and pepper. Stir, and place in your serving dish.
- Melt butter and paprika over low heat. Allow to cool slightly, then pour over the top of the grab mixture. Place in the fridge for about 30-40 minutes.
- Brush sour dough bread with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill over high heat to toast.
- Serve potted crab alongside sour dough bread. Spread, and enjoy!