I love this flatbread! It essentially combines all of my favourite summer flavours. The dough is sweet and slightly chewy. The peaches are tossed in bourbon and sugar before they are grilled. They are draped in a salty, delicious prosciutto and then smothered in a fresh creamy buffalo mozzarella. Then, after a quick trip under the broiler, the entire thing is drizzled in a sweet and acidic balsamic glaze. Bourbon Grilled Peach Flatbread is my new favourite thing!
I’ve made this flatbread in the past, but I wanted to make some tweaks to the dough before I was comfortable sharing the recipe. I finally found a winner!
Note: The bourbon in this recipe is optional, but I find it brings out the sweetness in the peaches and adds an incredible depth of flavour. While the bourbon flavour is very subtle, I find it still adds something to this dish.
Bourbon Grilled Peach Flatbread
- Large Bowl
- Large Cookie Sheet
- Frying Pan
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Rolling Pin
- 2 Peaches Washed, Cut Into Thin Slices
- 1 Ball of Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella Fresh Cow Mozzarella Can Be Substituted
- 8-10 Slices of Prosciutto Torn into 2-3 Pieces
- 1 Shallot Finely Diced
- 1 oz Bourbon
- 4 TBSP Sugar
- 3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh Basil For Garnish
- Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 2 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 TBSP Yeast
- 2 TSP Sugar
- 6 TBSP Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Olive Oil
- Mix Sugar, yeast, and approximately 1/4 cup of all purpose flour with 6 tablespoons of warm water. Let rest in a bowl for around 30 minutes.
- Add 1 3/4 cup of flour to the yeast mix. Stir well. Sprinkle additional flour on a clean surface knead your dough mixture until smooth and elastic. Brush with olive oil, and place back in a bowl to rise for approximately 1 hour.
- After your dough has risen, portion it into two pieces. Using a rolling pin, roll your dough thin. Preheat a large pan over high heat, and drizzle with olive oil. Add your dough to the pan, and wait for it to bubble. Once you see bubbles, flip and let cook for another minute or two. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Mix your peach slices with 1 oz of bourbon and 1 TBSP of sugar. Pour into a frying pan, and toss over medium high heat OR grill on the BBQ over medium high heat. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Mix 3 TBSP of sugar with 3 TBSP of Balsamic Vinegar. Place in a non-stick frying pan, and warm over medium heat. Allow your balsamic glaze to reduce to a molasses-like consistency.
- Turn on your broiler. Brush your flatbread with olive oil. Carefully spread your warm bourbon peaches on top of the flatbread.
- Place your diced shallots, followed by your prosciutto. Rip your mozzarella ball and distribute pieces evenly over your bread. Place under the broiler until mozzarella is melted and bubbling, and prosciutto is crispy. Carefully remove from the broiler.
- Add fresh basil to your flatbread, then drizzle with balsamic glaze. Cut, and serve.
A really impressive display of flavors.
Thank you 😊 😋